Marinated New York Strip Steak
Feb. 14, 2017 at 8:45 AM
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
The steak marinade is packed with flavor and can transform any cut of meat, but I highly recommend using the best cut you can find. As much as I love grilling, I don't think I'll ever do it again when cooking steak. Searing it in a pan leaves you with the perfect steak, every time.
Technique tip: By searing the steak first and then baking it off, you will end up with a smoky crust, a tender center and a bite that melts in your mouth.
Swap option: This marinade works well with any cut of steak. We use it with filet mignon a lot as well.
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
3/4 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 bone-in New York strip steaks (preferably American Wagyu, or the highest quality you can find)
1. Add all marinade ingredients to a jar, cover with lid and shake well to combine.
2. Place steaks in a deep dish, and cover with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or so, or overnight.
3. Before cooking, remove steak from fridge and let rest until it reaches room temp.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Heat a dry cast iron skillet over high heat. Add steak, and sear it for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Put the skillet in oven and cook for 10-20 minutes depending on desired final doneness. I cook it until it reaches 120°F for medium-rare (the internal temperature will rise another 5°F after it is removed from the oven).
7. Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
8. Cut the steak off the bone and slice. Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top & lightly season with good salt & pepper.
CHECK OUT THE
Daly, C. (2017, February 14). This marinated steak will up the flavor factor of Valentine's Day dinner.
Retrieved March 06, 2018, from https://www.today.com/recipes/marinated-new-york-strip-steak-recipe-t108056